Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Sometimes Happy...

Here's a mixed jumble of ideas, coming at you at 2:40 A.M. Keep in mind I am at the office/shop doing this.
This entry definitely falls into the "journal entry" category. Split into two divergent entries. Sorry folks.

The shop is really taking up a lot of time. AND I keep goofing off more than I should, I have somehow kept the attitude of goofing off/useless websurfing/for one or two hours a day, as I used to do at previous employers. However, I am (sort of) the boss, and I need to crack to it. To my own credit, I have been pretty good about opening the shop up on time, anyone who knows me knows how notoriously late I usually am. It's one of my major faults. Sorry if I've ever made you wait, if you come by the shop I'll be here on time, promise.

I talked to Todd St. John, at Hunter Gatherer who was kind enough to offer some advice regarding this crazy tee-shirt biz. He's one of my graphic design heroes, and I hope someone publishes one of those big fat coffee table books of his work. So yeah, I like his design work and he's a cool guy. I'm glad that there are genuinely cool people out there.

I was going to start an all time favorites list. I'm still working on that. I wanted to write a top-as-many-numbers-as-I-need list, but I just don't seem to have to time.
I've been listening to a lot of Ted Leo, and Judas Priest lately, neither of which would qualify for any type of all time favorite list of mine. And one of my all time favorites is calling it quits this Halloween. The mighty Rocket From the Crypt are playing their last show this Halloween. What a great fucking band, always an amazing live show, the last time I saw them I sang along the whole time, pogoed, and was hoarse by the end of the night. I talked to some girl from Chicago afterward, and she said "Wow! You must really like this band!" I am considering the insane notion of flying from Austria to the USA to see them for the last shindig! See you in the pit!

Hunter Gatherer

No comments: