Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Sometimes Not Happy...

Here's a mixed jumble of ideas, coming at you at 2:40 A.M. I'm that person that starts talking about politics and the dire situation of the world, while everyone is having a good time at a party. Sorry Kids, beneath my jovial exterior, my internal dialogue is pretty serious. Really, I'm not joking, no seriously, I'm not kidding.

Not happy:
It's impossible NOT to say anything about the disaster in New Orleans. I dunno, the world is weird and turning really ugly. I read another news story that would seem to point in the direction that we are ALSO losing war in Iraq. Perhaps we are suffering the wrath of Allah, after all. As Americans we never ask ourselves the question, "what if God is rooting for the other side?"
But really I didn't want to turn this into a political blog, there is enough of that already.
All three of my regular readers aren't going to learn anything new here.

I had the opportunity to see Black Hawn Down on Austrian TV the other night. When it came out it was heralded as some kind of ultra-realistic-you-are-there war movie. But with all the destruction and chaos going on in the real world, the whole thing just seemed kind of phoney.

No comments: